Christian Concerns Envelopes (Yellow, Monthly or Online with WeShare)
- January / February – Fr. Mathew Chennakudy’s Orphanage, India
- March / April – Little Sisters of St. Francis Kenya Orphanage
- May / June – Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge, SD
- July: Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist (meal program)
- August: Redeem and Restore
- September: Missionaries of Charity
- October: North Lake Food Pantry
- November: St. Ben’s (a meal and homeless support site in Milwaukee, run by the Capuchins)
- December: Franciscan Peacemakers ( provides a path to a sustainable, healthy, safe and productive life for women engaging in prostitution due to trauma, human sex trafficking or drug addiction)
School Supplies Drive for Pine Ridge
As you know, our parish is deeply involved with the well being of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Every December, a truck filled with items for homes and schools is driven there and donated.
Of particular need are school supplies, which are now available in stores, and some on sale (which never last past the end of August). Principals at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation have had some new ideas for items needed to help the children, so the list has changed a bit. Click here for a list of needed supplies.
Please be reminded that we collect school supplies for 365 students from kindergarten to 8th Grade in two schools: Red Cloud Grade School and Our Lady of Lourdes in Porcupine.
Thank you for always giving of yourselves for others.
The Christian Concerns Committee
New Threads of Hope Clothing Sorters -Dianne Sheehan Lassa
We meet on the third Tuesday of the month, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Participants meet at the Monches church parking lot by 8:30 a.m. If you have any questions, please contact Dianne at email@example.com
Loaves and Fishes Ministry – Chairpersons: Mike and Mary Steinbauer
Next meal: TBA
Giving Tree – Early to Mid-November
Two decorated Christmas trees go on display in the narthex of both churches. Ornaments on display contain information on a needy person from our area (St. Vincent de Paul) or a child, with their age range and other information. Pick one or more of the ornaments, purchase the gift, wrap it, and attach the ornament firmly to the package.
The second tree will have needs of our friends in Pine Ridge, S.D. These gifts will be taken to South Dakota for Christmas, by Deacon Allen Olson and Jacyntha Shaw in early to mid-December. Many of the items taken will be their only Christmas gifts. We work with the Jesuits and Sacred heart Church. Any questions call Jacyntha @ 262-538-3813
Bring the gift back as soon as possible and put it under the tree or bring it to the Parish Office, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
Respect Life Ads in Waukesha Freeman/ annually with Wisconsin Chapter
Life Chain – 1st Sunday in October / Right to Life Sunday – Mary Schultz
Piggly Wiggly receipts / Please note Pick’nSave no longer offers “we share”
Supports Priests for Life, Wisconsin Respect Life, National Life Chain and other pro-life organizations as money permits.